Thank you for applying for the 2017-2018 Livermore School of Dance Jazz Dance Company! Welcome! We have many exciting and fun events planned for the year:
· Performances at local fundraisers, dancing for Holiday and other downtown events, and other community and non-profit events
· Livermore Downtown Sights and Sounds Parade—December 2, 2017 *optional
· Disneyland Merry Holiday Parade — December 8-10, 2017 *optional
· Jazz Company Bankhead performance of “Dance For A Wish” — February 3, 2018
· Extra show rehearsals for “Dance For A Wish” will be January 13th, 20th, and 27th at the studio. Specific times TBA. Rehearsals at the Bankhead Theater will be Wednesday, February 31st and Thursday, February 1st. Specific times TBA.
· Livermore Downtown StreetFest — May 19 & 20, 2018
· Livermore Rodeo Parade — June 9, 2018
· June Showcase Happiness Is...— June 22 and 23, 2018
· July 30th—August 6th, 2018 DancerPalooza Dance Convention & Performance, Long Beach, CA *optional
· Sunset Soiree: August 25, 2018 at the Shea Stage in front of the Bankhead Theater
*optional events. Not mandatory to attend, but strongly suggested.
Other dance opportunities and local performances may be offered during the season. While some of these events are not listed on this schedule, we will try to give as much notice as possible. We understand that not everyone will be able to make these unscheduled events, and we will respect your decision to participate.
Rules and Etiquette for Jazz Company Members
- Only three absences will be permitted throughout the year. Injuries and illnesses are obviously exempt. Please make every effort to come to each class and rehearsal. You will be contacted directly if absences are an issue.
- Treat each teacher, volunteer, and fellow dancers with respect. We are a family.
- No rough housing, “bullying”, gossip, or negative language will be allowed.
- Dancers are prohibited from taking inappropriate photographs inside the studio or at an LSOD function and then posting them on social media sites. Dancers who do so may be asked to leave the studio.
- By being a Jazz Company Member, you are role models to other dancers at LSOD. Please remember this and have a positive attitude before, during, and after class.
- If you have questions or issues with teachers, dancers, or LSOD Staff, please contact the studio immediately. Communication is key.